Life Group Discussion Questions
OPEN IN PRAYER
CONNECT WITH OTHERS
1. What is the greatest gift you have given to someone?
FOCUS ON THE PASSAGE
2. Verse nine speaks of a particular word, “sufficiency”. This word in Greek, autarkeiacould also be translated as contentment. Joyful and sacrificial giving unlocks a facet of faith that results in peace and strong trust in God. What was significant about the gifts of the Macedonian Christians (2 Cor. 8:1-5)?
3. Giving to God through the local church is depicted by verses 12-14. The gifts go to what three things in 2 Corinthians 8:12-14?
ADMIT WHERE YOU ARE
4. What was the lightbulb moment to help you begin giving to the local church?
5. Verse ten is a reminder of Who supplies the seed, the bread, and brings multiplication. Do you see yourself as the owner or manager of God’s provisions?
INTERPRET THE PASSAGE
6. Verse six reminds us of the promise that our reaping is directly tied to our sowing. Galatians 6:7 also share a similar lesson. Is God calling for us to care more for what we reap or what we sow?
TAKE THIS PASSAGE INTO YOUR LIFE
7. How can we adopt a cheerful spirit when approaching the spiritual discipline of giving?
8. What practices can we implement in order to remember He supplies and we steward?
HEAR FROM GOD
9. Is giving an area where God is trying to stretch you further? Although, you might be giving on a regular basis, is God challenging your to live fearlessly generous?
CLOSE IN PRAYER